birth inspired by negropronte later of $100 laptop inspiring mit architectire alumni to form new media lab
media lab has many interesting dynamics
-permanent show of current alumni's lab
-the most pop conference centre- entrepreneurial diary of events to die for !
also interesting extensions-
There are people all over the world with less-than-traditional backgrounds who would be great additions to the Media Lab community. We wanted to create a program to loop them in. Our Director's Fellows initiative creates a way for these extraordinary individuals to take part in Media Lab research alongside our faculty and students. We've brought a cohort of characters from a broad range of sectors and geographies to join us in doing collaborative research and to expand our growing global community. The fellows work with the Lab's students and faculty, and also with each other.
YMaLee named after 3 of most radical education entrepreneurs:
Yazmi of noah samara; MA, Jack; Lee, Tim Berners-
help us link what tese 3 people are doing and which alumni networks open edu tech youth can most value being linked in
track the interview coircuit of the woman who would rival jack ma for entrepreneurial superpowers
Friday, November 30, 2012
- www.knightfoundation.org/.../open-university-joi-ito-plans-radical-Nov 16, 2012 – Knight Foundation supports transformational ideas that promote quality journalism, advance media innovation, engage communities and foster ...
- www.knightfoundation.org/.../knight-foundation-puts-1925-million-...CachedOct 25, 2012 – Knight Foundation puts $19.25 million into Detroit arts. Arts groups in Detroit will share nearly $20 million donated by the John S. and James L.
- www.knightfoundation.org/knight-enterprise-fund-advisers/CachedJoichi Ito · Joichi Ito. Director, MIT Media Lab; Trustee, Knight Foundation. View Bio ... Co-founder, Facebook; Senior Adviser, GOOD; Trustee, Knight Foundation ...
- www.knightfoundation.org/.../joining-forces-pull-top-notch-journalis...CachedOct 7, 2012 – By Eric Newton. This op-ed column appeared on the front of the Currents section of the Philadelphia Inquirer on Sunday Oct. 7. The digital age ...
Ito and Knight and NC
www.knightfoundation.org/communities/charlotte/CachedKnight Foundation is committed to informing and engaging communities in their own true interests. So, in Charlotte we are joining with residents and leaders ...
- www.knightfoundation.org/about/Cached"Thus we seek to bestir the people into an awareness of their own condition, provide ... Knight Foundation supports transformational ideas that promote quality... in the eight “resident Knight communities” (Akron, Ohio; Charlotte, N.C.; Detroit,...